Mossel Bay Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Information and Communications Technology Network Engineer. The application will close on 13th November 2020.
Location: Western Cape
Salary: R337 866.72 – R438 548.64 per annum
Mossel Bay Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY NETWORK ENGINEER
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent NQF Level 6
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in IT Mikrotik wireless radio networks
- Code B Driver’s License (Manual vehicle)
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN design and implementation specifically on Mikrotik wireless radio networks
- Network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices specifically on Mikrotik wireless radio networks
- Proven experience with VOIP phone systems
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience specifically on Mikrotik wireless radio networks
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits on Mikrotik Network Management Tools
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly languages
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
How to apply
Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500 or Electronic applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant. Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za).
Further details are obtainable from Ms N Bouwer or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) – 6065 000.