Closing Date: 16 October 2023
Location: Cape Lime, Langvlei Operations, Western Cape, South Africa
Afrimat is offering an SHE (Safety, Health, and Environment) Internship Programme for 2023 at their Cape Lime, Langvlei Operations. Below are the key details and requirements for this internship opportunity:
- The candidates must meet the medical fitness standards as per the Mine Health and Safety Act and the Company’s medical fitness standards.
About Afrimat: Afrimat is a prominent mid-tier mining and materials company that is listed on the JSE Main Board. The company operates in the Basic Materials: General Mining sector and offers a wide range of products including Construction Materials (aggregates, bricks, blocks, pavers, and ready-mix concrete), Industrial Minerals (lime and lime products), and Bulk Commodities (iron ore, anthracite, and manganese). Afrimat is actively looking for opportunities to diversify its product offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities: The SHE Intern will join the Cape Lime, Langvlei Operations and is expected to perform duties related to Safety, Health, and Environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/National and/or Advanced Diploma in Safety and/or Environmental Management.
- Driver’s license.
- Computer Literacy (proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Age requirement: Must be between 18 and 35 years old.
Skills and Attributes:
- South African Citizen.
- Knowledge of SHE Legislation, including OSHA and MHSA.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Afrikaans communication is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse team and under pressure.
How to Apply:
To apply for this internship, visit the Afrimat careers portal and click or tap the relevant button below each job title to apply directly.
In line with the Company’s commitment to Employment Equity and diversifying its workforce, priority consideration will be given to applications from designated groups and historically disadvantaged students.
Afrimat is dedicated to fair and ethical recruitment practices that promote diversity and inclusion, as well as effective performance and job engagement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and the company reserves the right not to make an appointment.
When applying, please upload the following documents in one file with the application form (with a file size no larger than 3 MB):
- Certified latest academic results
- Certified copy of Qualification
- Certified ID copy
- Certified proof of residence
Be sure to adhere to the application instructions and deadlines as specified in the official documentation.