Chris Hani District Municipality is offering Graduate / Internship opportunity for 2020 / 2021.
Location: Queenstown, Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 19 November 2020
Period: 24 months
Chris Hani District Municipality wishes to invite applications from unemployed graduates residing within the Chris Hani District Municipality area of jurisdiction to ensure that they are able to contextualize learning to the world of work, establishing physical and virtual job preparedness and matching services to connect you to the available opportunities whilst assisting CHDM in its Project Implementation and Operations. The programme forms part of the Chris Hani District Municipality’s Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
The following qualifications are required from the following fields:
|Qualification — NQF Level 06 (National Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree)
|Customer Care, Stakeholder & Communications
|National Diploma: Marketing
|Bachelor’s Degree: Development Studies/ ND: Economics
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Information Technology
|Risk Management & Internal Audit
|Bachelor of Accounting Science/ ND: Internal Auditing
|Occupational Health & Safety
|Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Safety Management
|Human Resources Management
|Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Human Resources Management
|Bachelor’s Degree /ND: Public Management/ Public Administration /Management/Office Management & Technology
|Bachelor’s Degree/ND: Fire Technology
|Diploma: Management (Disaster)
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
|Bachelor’s Degree: Social Work/Psychology
|Bachelor of Commerce: Transport & Logistics
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Accounting/Cost & Management Accounting or relevant qualification majoring in Accounting
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Civil Engineering
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Electrical Engineering
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Chemical Engineering/Analytical Chemistry
|Grade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Water Treatment Practice at NQF level 4
|Grade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Wastewater Treatment Practice at NQF level 4
|Water Services Planning
|Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma: Hydrology & Water Resources
- Matric / Grade 12
- Applicants must have completed their qualification [Proof should be attached and academic records should also be attached for verification of major subjects where necessary].
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 — 35.
- Applicants must reside within the Chris Hani District Municipality (Original stamped and signature of respective Ward Councillor on the proof of residence).
- Applicants who previously benefited from an Internship Programme will not be considered from any government department or any institution.
How to apply
Applications must be forwarded to: The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown.
- It is compulsory to submit your application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications and certified copy of identity document.
- Kindly specify your field of study in the subject of your application letter.
- No faxed CV’s or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself.
- Appointment will be subjected to compulsory per-employment screening in the form of determining the validity of qualifications and verification of residential address.
- It is expected that the successful candidates will be stationed within the respective local municipalities that falls within the jurisdiction of the Chris Hani District Municipality as and when it is required by the respective office.
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged and all pre-shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a written assessment.
“The Municipality reserves a right not to appoint”
Enquiries may be directed to Human Resources on (045) 808 4634/69/72.