MINTEK hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Principal Engineer. The application will close on 30th September 2020.
MINTEK advertised post is as follows:
- Principal Engineer, Ref: PDD/2020/PRENG
- Min: M.Eng or M.Sc Eng., Ideal: PhD
- Ideal: Pr.Eng. (ECSA) and/or FSAIMM (Fellow)
- Applicants with extensive experience in pyrometallurgy research will be given preference.
- Applicants with experience in an engineering, project and production environment and with hands on experience commissioning pyrometallurgical equipment (pilot and specialist high-temperature equipment) will be given preference.
- Applications with technology management experience will be given preference.
- Windows and MS Office is an essential tool. Experience with SAP and Sharepoint will be advantageous.
- Python and FACTSage experience would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pyrometallurgy research or technology management is required
- Experience with process intensification and energy efficiency R&D, circular economy, ferro-alloy smelting and DC smelting experience would be an advantage
- Team player who enjoys variety and has a passion for pyrometallurgy with an affinity for planning and conducting new and innovative projects is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope in a stressful and demanding environment
- Prepared to work shifts when required in hot and dusty plant environments
- Ability to independently engage with industry and high-level national and international clients
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
How to apply